200 grams of rava/suji/semolina
1 cup of grated coconut
1 cup of sugar
Cashews and raisins
- Dry roast the rava on medium flame until it begins to smell good and turns crunchy. Its color will change to light golden brown. Set aside to cool completely.
- Dry roast the coconut until it changes it color and a good aroma starts. Set it aside to cool completely.
- Add sugar and cardamom to a blender and make a fine powder of it.
- Add cooled rava and coconut to the same jar and blend it 1 or 2 times.( you may even skip the entire blending process)
- Take all the mixer into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan on a low flame and add ghee to it.
- Add cashews to the ghee and fry them until they are golden brown.
- Remove the cashews into a bowl and add raisins to the ghee to fry.
- Remove them too once they puff up.
- Now add cashews and raisins to the mixer along with half of ghee. Do not add all the ghee at once.
- At first mix it with a spoon as the ghee will be hot. Start making the laddus.
- If needed then add some more ghee to the mixer and make fine balls of it.