1/2 cup moong daal
1 cup rice
3 1/2 cups water
2 table spoon ghee
1 bay leaf
1 tea spoon cumin seeds
A pinch of Asafoetida
1 tea spoon turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 green chillies(if you want it spicy, you can add more)
4-5 black pepper
1 cup chopped potatoes and tomatoes (optional)
- Soak dal and rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Take a cooker and add ghee to it. Once the ghee is heated, add cumin seeds, bay leaf,chillies, pepper and asafoetida and fry for a few seconds and then add chopped potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes in medium flame.Add tomatoes,salt and turmeric powder when the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the soaked dal and rice along with water.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and cook it until 3 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with pickle and papads.