2 cups of channa soaked overnight
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 inch finely chopped ginger
4-5 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of saunf
a pinch of mustard seeds
salt to taste
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoon kashmiri chilli powder
1 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon dhania-jeera powder
1 teaspoon aamchoor powder
fresh coriander for garnishing
- Boil the soaked channa in a pressure cooker for up to 2-3 whistles.
- Make a fine paste of onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and saunf.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Heat the oil on medium flame, add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start popping, add the onion-tomato paste and fry it till the oil separates from it.
- Add boiled channa to it and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir it well. Let is cook for a minute more and add half a cup of water to it ( you can add water depending upon the thickness of gravy you want)
- Add aamchoor powder and cook it covered for about 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, dhania jeera powder and stir is well.
- Cook it for another 3 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.