140g all purpose flour
100g powdered sugar
1 tea spoon of baking soda
1/2 tea spoon of baking powder
2 table spoons of vegetable oil
1 tea spoon of vanilla essence
- In a bowl add the curd and sugar. Beat it till the sugar dissolves in it.
- Add baking soda to the curd and leave it to ferment for 8-10 minutes.
- Add baking powder, all purpose flour, vanilla essence and oil to the curd; beat it till there are no lumps.
- Pre-heat the oven for 180°C.
- Add the cake mixture to well greased and dusted baking pan. Pat it for 2 minutes so that there are no air gaps in-between. (If you don’t do this, your cake will puff up high in the centre and may not bake properly)
- Now, place the cake pan into the preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once it is done, check if the cake is properly baked or not by inserting a toothpick or a knife into the cake, when you remove it, it should come out clean. If you find that the cake is still undercooked, bake it for a few more minutes.