A lemon sized tamarind
½ cup finely chopped ginger
6-8 Dried red chillies
salt to taste
3 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon jaggery
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
A pinch of hing
- Soak the chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of them along with tamarind.
- In a pan heat oil, add hing, finely chopped ginger and saute it.
- Add the paste ,salt and turmeric powder and cook it on medium to low flame till the oil starts separating.
- Add jaggery and cook for a minute more.
- Store it in an air tight container and have it within a week.