500g lauki (bottle gourd)
1 liter of milk
1 cup of sugar
Cashews and raisins
2 cups of water
- Peel the lauki, cut vertically into 2 pieces, remove the seeds, grate it and keep it in a bowl.
- Add water to the grated lauki and boil it on medium flame till it softens. Drain it and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan on a low flame and add ghee to it.
- Add cashews to the ghee and fry them until they are golden brown.
- Remove the cashews into a bowl and add raisins to the ghee to fry.
- Remove them too once they puff up.
- Add the lauki to the ghee and fry it for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom to it and mix it well.
- Once the sugar is melted, add milk to it and stir it slowly until it thickens.
- Turn off the flame and serve it by garnishing it with cashews and raisins.