1 teaspoon of tea leaves or powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1 glass of water
1 inch ginger
4-5 ice cubes
- In a tea vessel, add water,sugar and tea powder. Boil it for 3 minutes.
- Grate half inch of ginger and add it to the boiling decoction and boil for a minute more.
- Filter the decoction into a glass and let it cool.
- Cut two circles of lemon.
- In a serving glass, squeeze half lemon and add the lemon circles too to it.
- Grate the remaining half inch ginger into that glass and add the ice cubes.
- Now pour the tea decoction on the cubes.
- Enjoy your refreshing ice tea.
If you want to use honey as a sweetener instead of sugar, then skip adding sugar to the boiling decoction in step 1. Add the honey in the serving glass like in step 5 and mix well after adding the decoction.