Skip to content
- 1 cup urad dal soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp sooji
- 2 onions sliced
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry
- Blend the soaked urad dal into a fine batter. Batter consistency should be similar to wada batter.
- Add salt, onion, ginger, chillies, cumin seeds, sooji and mix well and keep it aside.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat oil for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot enough, make small balls of the batter and place them carefully into oil.
- Fry on medium flame until they become golden and crispy.
- Once they are done, take them out and place on tissues to absorb the excess oil if any.
- Serve the punugulu hot.