- 250 grams gongura leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 20-25 garlic cloves
- 10-12 dry chillies
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 2 strands curry leaves
- Wash the gongura leaves well and let them air dry for some time.
- Take a kadai and heat 1-2 tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add garlic, ginger and saute them well.
- Cut the dry chillies into half horizontally and saute them too along with garlic and ginger.
- Add gongura leaves to this and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and saute it well until all the water evaporates and oil starts separating. After this if you want the pickle as paste, then let it cool and then blend it into a soft paste and then add seasoning.
- For seasoning, take another seasoning pan or a kadai and heat some oil.
- Add hing, mustard seeds and wait till they splutter. Add chana dal, urad dal and saute them well. Add curry leaves to this, wait for 5 seconds and transfer the seasoning to the pickle.
- Serve this with hot rice and some chopped onions.