Skip to content
- 100 grams of curry leaves
- 4-5 tablespoons of Urad dal
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 50 grams of tamarind
- 8-10 dried chilies
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil (prefer sesame oil if available)
- Take a Kadai and fry tamarind till it becomes dry and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in the same Kadai and fry dried chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, salt and keep them aside.
- Fry the curry leaves till they become crispy.
- Now take all of them in a blender and blend them to a coarse powder.
- Spread it on a plate and let it cool.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- Serve it with hot rice along with some sesame oil or ghee. You can also enjoy it with hot idlis or uttapam.