- 50 grams of raw turmeric roots
- 3 tablespoons of tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon jaggery
- 1-inch ginger
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 3-4 dried chilies
- a few curry leaves
- a pinch of mustard seeds
- a pinch of hing
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon of refined oil
- 1 cup of water
- Take turmeric roots, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, tamarind and jaggery in a blender and blend it to a fine paste by occasionally adding some water.
- Add salt and some more water and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Take a tadka pan and heat the oil.
- Add mustard seeds, hing, dried chilies and curry leaves to the oil and fry it.
- Add the tadka to the boiling turmeric pulusu.
- let it boil for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Serve this hot with hot steamed rice.
If you don’t find raw turmeric roots, you can get some dried turmeric roots and soak them in warm water till they are soft and cook according to the instructions.
This is an amazing recipe that helps a lot in detoxifying the digestive system. But don’t have it in large qualities like you have sambar rice or something. This is a medicinal recipe that should be taken in small amounts. It feels so good for the throat when you have a bad throat or cold. Or simply enjoy it with warm rice at dinner during winter.
If you end up with diarrhea after having this, it is totally common as this recipes’s sole purpose is to detoxify your tummy. If you had to visit the loo for more than 3 times, then simply have lots of buttermilk.